Assura® 2-piece urostomy pouch is a mechanical coupling with extra reassurance
- The pouch is fixed securely to the baseplate with a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms the secure locking of the pouch to the baseplate.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position, without having to remove the pouch from the baseplate.
- The pouch can be removed from the spiral adhesive baseplate, allowing the pouch to be changed more often than the adhesive baseplate.
Assura® 2-piece urostomy is available with a flat or convex standard wear and extended wear baseplate. The broad assortment consists of a range of baseplates with pre-cut or cut-to-fit sizes, and with two pouch sizes available in transparent or white.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Assura® [Extra] adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is suitable for people with an ileostomy or urostomy that have a more aggressive output that breaks down standard adhesives too quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 2-piece urostomy has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Non-return valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
- Tuck-away outlet - easy to use and can be tucked away when not in use. This prevents it from rubbing on your leg, offering more comfort and discretion.
- Multichambers - the pouch has been divided into chambers that spread the urine evenly within the pouch. This allows it to have a flat and discreet profile and reduces splashing sounds.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 2-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Ask your enterostomal therapy nurse for more information about convexity.