With Assura® 1-piece drainable, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole system is removed and replaced.
Assura® 1-piece drainable systems are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or cut-to-fit sizes that can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 1-piece drainable has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Self-adhesive closing clip - a self-adhesive soft closing clip is supplied with the pouch, giving a closure system that is both secure and easy to clean.
- Soft backing fabric - the side of the pouch that is in contact with the skin features a lining made of soft material, allowing the skin to breathe and dries quickly after a shower or swim.
- Odour proof film - pouch is made of an odour-proof material
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 1-piece drainable is available with convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is retracted, or located in a deep skin fold or scar. It applies moderate to high pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude. Ask your enterostomal therapy nurse for more information about convexity.