Assura® 2-piece urostomy pouch is a mechanical coupling with extra reassurance
- The pouch is fixed securely to the baseplate with a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms the secure locking of the pouch to the baseplate.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position, without having to remove the pouch from the baseplate.
- The pouch can be removed from the spiral adhesive baseplate, allowing the pouch to be changed more often than the adhesive baseplate.
Assura® 2-piece urostomy pouch is available with a flat or convex, standard wear and extended wear baseplate. The broad assortment consists of a range of baseplates with pre-cut or cut-to-fit sizes that can be customized, and with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Assura® [Extra] adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is suitable for people with an ileostomy or urostomy that have a more aggressive output that breaks down standard adhesives too quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 2-piece urostomy has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Secure and easy-to-use outlet - soft plastic outlet is easy to handle, and design of the pouch ensures there is no residual urine left in the pouch after emptying
- Non-return valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 2-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage. A special oval-shaped shell creates pressure on the peristomal skin, to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude above the skin.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.