If you were injured at work and as a result need to use catheters for bladder management, WSIB ( Workplace Safety & Insurance Board ) will cover your catheter requirements.
If you are purchasing catheters for the first time, you will require a prescription from your doctor. Send the prescription along with this completed letter to WSIB for approval.
There may be a better catheter option for you.
1. Ask for samples of SpeediCath. Simply click on the “ Free SpeediCath Samples “ on this page.
2. Talk to your doctor - ask for a prescription for SpeediCath. SpeediCath is used once so the prescription will be for 4-5 catheters per day.
3. Ask your doctor to complete and sign the SpeediCath support letter. Simply click on the letter on this page, download the letter and send it to your doctor. This letter outlines the issue(s) you are having and why you need to use SpeediCath.
4. Submit the prescription and letter to WSIB for approval.
5. Upon approval, take your prescription and go to one of the preferred WSIB suppliers to purchase your catheters.
WSIB's three preferred suppliers: Medical Mart, Motion Specialties, and Shoppers HomeHealthCare.
6. Ask your supplier to bill WSIB directly.