Private Insurance - Coloplast Canada
Close
Select your language

The page doesn't exist in this language

Find your Coloplast country website

Private Insurance

Private Insurance can be individually purchased, but is often provided through employer-sponsored health benefits.  Catheter reimbursement is individually determined and/or policy determined.  It is important for you to know what your insurance provider will cover. 

  • Will your catheters be covered at 100%?
  • Is there an annual limit for coverage?
  • Is there a co-pay?  Often, insurance covers 80% and you must pay the remaining 20% either out of pocket or by coordinating co-pay with your spouse’s insurance.

Prior approval is typically required and a request for reimbursement may also require the following:

  • Doctor prescription, either with the first claim or with each individual request (ask your provider)
  • Doctor support letter stating the diagnosis and reason why and how frequently you need to use a catheter 
  • Official receipt from pharmacy or dealer to submit to your insurer for reimbursement.  You can also ask your pharmacy / dealer if they can bill your insurer directly.
Close

Free Sample - Free Shipping

Thank you for your order

Receipt

View desktop version